Can I travel to Korea on a budget ?


I just got back from my Korean trip few days ago and I've thought, while my memories are still fresh, to broke you down guys all the expenses for this amazing trip.
My itinerary has been comprehensive of Daegu and Busan,  I flew out from Tokyo, where I currently stay, on Friday early noon to reach Daegu around 4PM to fly back on Wednesday morning at 6AM.
 For a total of  5 nights trip I paid only the insane ridiculous budget  of  81,55 €
with the current exchange rate $ 91,56 USD. 


Did I miss something during my trip? 
I actually had with me the double of the budget that I didn't ended up to spend, once in Korea I've realized that my budget was high and I got back home 100.000 won on cash. 
I did everything that I wanted to without any money problem and I had an awesome low cost trip.




Here all the prices :

Flights 

NRT - TAE (T'way )                                        9610 yen  
TAE - NRT ( Jeju Air )                                    4558 yen 

To and from Airport in Japan 

Bus from Tokyo Station to Airport                 900 yen  ( reserved in advance )  
Bus from Airport to Tokyo Station                1000 yen 
Walked home 30 minutes                                free

Accommodations

Daegu (1 night )                                            10,99 USD 
Busan  ( 3 nights )                                          18,17 USD  
TAE Airport (1 night )                                     Free -
Theoretically but once there I discovered that the                                                                                  airport closes at night and I spent my last 800 won to stay                                                                       the whole night at 7 Eleven. 

Train from Daegu to Busan 

From Daegu to Busan                                     7700 won 
From Busan to Dongdaegu                             7500 won 

Public transits Daegu and Busan 

T-money card                                                  4000 won 
Card charges                                         5000 + 10000 won
( I finished with 1000 won extra that I                                                             
used to buy me a snack the last  day of the trip) 

Friday Daegu

Lunch                                                             0, 61 yen
Coffee                                                               134 yen
Daegu tower                                                 10000 won 
Dinner at the night market                              4000 won 

Saturday Daegu and Busan 

Breakfast                                                    Free breakfast at the hostel 
Ice cream                                                    500 won  
Coffee                                                         600 won ( I paid with the T-money card ) 
Dinner                                                       2050 won 

Sunday 

Jumbo bus Touristic Bus Pass                     1500 won 
Breakfast                                                     1800 won 
Lunch                                                           1150 won 
Dinner                                                          7500 won 
Ice cream                                                     1000 won 

Monday 

Coffee                                                          200 won 
Korean Pancake                                         1000 won 
Water and snack                                         2000 won     
Dinner                                                        5500 won 

                                                                       Tuesday 

Coffee                                                           200 won 
Sweet rice water                                         1000 won 
Lunch                                                          3100 won 
Korean Spa                                                 6500 won 
Dinner                                                         3900 won
  
                                                                    Wednesday

Coffee                                                           800 won 


To break you down guys my whole expenses with my flight included 
the total is  215,18 € 

Unfortunately I had to book my first flight in a early advance and I didn't got a good price but I'm sure I could fly from Japan to Korea for less than 9.000 yen. Deals are always out there on the market. 

How much will cost a trip like this if your departure is from Europe?
I give you the awesome news that in the past years the cost of flights to Korea has decreased. I talked with some Italians while traveling and they have paid only 500 € round trip from  Italy to Seoul.



Korean it's a highly recommended destination for any solo traveler, the safety standards are high and moving around it's cheap and easy.  
So far, Busan it's on my list of the best places where I traveled in the world. I will also suggest this city if you are looking for a slow travel destination, it has plenty to see, hike and white sand beaches. 

     




    
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fioritura dei ciliegi 2021 - TOKYO ( State of Emergency )

Matcha e Sake per turisti in Giappone

Dati biometrici - Visti per il Canada